LARCS: Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
LAR in partnership with the Lincoln Institute for Agri-food Technology is conducting a research study to support machine learning by collecting agricultural and horticultural data on local crops. This data will be used to support the automation of tasks such as counting; crop, weed, and plant part identification; and prediction (e.g. around growth rates). This data will be solicited from citizens and used to create a database of photographs of crops. A larger and more representative database will facilitate development of more accurate models.
For further information regarding the study, please refer to the LARCS Participant Information Sheet.
By accessing and using this Website, you accept and agree to be bound by the terms and provisions of this agreement. In addition, when using these particular services, You shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services. Any participation in this service will constitute acceptance of this agreement. If you do not agree to abide by the above, please do not use this service. You understand and agree that you must be over the age of sixteen (16) to participate in this research project.
The University of Lincoln is the lead organization for this study and will be the data controller for this study. The University’s Research Participant Privacy Notice (https://ethics.lincoln.ac.uk/research-privacy-notice/) will explain how We will be using information from You in order to undertake this study. All information you provide will be kept confidential. If You participate in this study, Your Content will be stored separately from your email address and any other identifying information you provide to maintain anonymity of the dataset.
You understand and agree that You must be over the age of sixteen (16) to participate in this research project. You are free to withdraw from the study at any time, without giving any reason, and without your legal rights being affected. If You withdraw from the study, where possible we will securely destroy data collected from You.
Any material, including but not limited to registration information, data, text, graphics, models, displays, or reports that You make available on the Site is referred to as “Your Content”. You are solely responsible for Your Content. You represent and agree that you own all intellectual property rights in Your Content.
You hereby grant the Operator of the Site, our affiliates, and our partners a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable, non-exclusive license (“License”) to use, edit, modify, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, transfer, transmit, distribute, and publish Your Content and subsequent versions of Your Content, for non-commercial and commercial purposes, including storing Your Content in a database accessible by various end users.
The License shall apply to the distribution and storage of Your Content in any form, medium, or technology now known or developed later. We might also use Your Content for other purposes not subject to known legal restrictions, such as training machine learning models.
You represent, warrant, and can demonstrate to our full satisfaction upon request that you:
1. Own or otherwise control all rights to Your Content or that the content in Your Content is in the public domain;
3. Are authorized to grant all the aforementioned rights to Your Content to Us and all users of the Site;
4. That the use or exploitation of Your Content by Us will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including without limitation any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights;
5. Understand that we shall have the right to delete, edit, modify, reformat, excerpt, or translate Your Content and that all information privately transmitted through the Site Is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated and that we will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content.
All trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of the University of Lincoln, Lincoln Institute of Agri-Food Technology (“LIAT”), Lincoln Agri-Robotics (“LAR”), or other affiliates or third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no license or right to reproduce or otherwise use any LAR or affiliates’ trademarks. This agreement does not transfer to you any LAR or third party intellectual property and all right, title, and interest in and to such property remain solely with LARCS.
Creative Commons License
You hereby agree and grant us the right to make Your Content available to third party users in terms of a Creative Commons license Attribution-Non Commercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0), which requires that third party users:
1. Acknowledge attribution to the LARCS project;
2. Do not use material for any commercial purpose.
You can read more about this license at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/.
If you believe that your work has been copied on the Site in a way that institutes copyright infringement, please substantiate each claim by sending the University of Lincoln’s Information Compliance team a Notification of Alleged Infringement at: Information Compliance, Secretariat, University of Lincoln, Brayford Pool, Lincoln, LN6 7TS; or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Site is provided “as is”. This Site and its components are offered for information purposes only; the Operator shall not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefulness, or availability of any information transmitted or made available via the site, and shall not be responsible or liable for any error or omissions in that information.
The Site contains content that is provided by the Operator and third parties, The Operator of the Site retains the right, but not the obligation, to remove any content that may violate these terms or that is otherwise objectionable.
You agree not to use the Website or any Site content for commercial purpose or for any illegal, unlawful, inappropriate, or unauthorized purpose or activity. You further agree not to threaten, abuse, solicit, spam, harass, stalk, impersonate, or intimidate other Site users and not to collect or store any location or other personal information about any Site users that you obtain from the Website.
In no event will We be liable for: any incidental, consequential, or indirect damages (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, business interruption, loss of programs or information) arising out of the use or inability to use the website, or any information.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the University of Lincoln, LIAT, LARCS, and this Site as well as its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers, and any third party information providers to the website from and against all losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including attorney’s fees, resulting from any violation of this Agreement (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or your use and access of the website.
The Site may provide, or third parties may provide, links to non-LARCS internet web sites or resources as convenient to you (“third-party sites”). Because We have no control over such sites or resources, you acknowledge and agree that LARCS is not responsible for the availability of such third-party sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. Links to third-party sites are not endorsements by LARCS of such third-party sites. You further acknowledge and agree that LARCS shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on or through any such third party site or resource.
Your participation, correspondence, or business dealings with any third party found on or through the Site, regarding the payment and delivery of goods or services, and/or any other dealings, and/or any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party, You agree that LARCS shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, or other matters of any sort incurred as the result of such dealings.
We may modify these terms at any time without prior notice to you by posting revised terms on this Site. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Site will signify your acceptance of any adjustment of these terms.
Please report any violations of this Agreement to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. The owner of the Site is the University of Lincoln and can be reached at 01522 882000 or University of Lincoln, Brayford Pool, Lincoln, LN6 7TS.
If there is an item on the Website which you believe should not have been published, please contact us with details of the item and your reason. We will remove the item from the Website and investigate the complaint. If we believe the complaint is valid, the item will not be displayed again. If we believe the complaint to be invalid, we will contact the complainant giving our reasons and a right of reply, before deciding whether to reinstate the item. We reserve the right to take the final decision in such cases, taking into account our rights to material in terms of agreements made with donors.
Terms & Conditions for Third Party Usage
Copyright and licensing
Welcome to the Lincoln Agri-Robotics (“LAR”) Citizen Science Project (“LARCS”, “We”, “Us”) website (“Website”).
The majority of the material published on this Website is owned by other parties, principally citizen scientist contributors, who have kindly licensed their content to the LARCS project and have agreed specific terms regarding its use, reuse, and distribution.
The LARCS project is authorised to make the material available on this website to third party users (“you”) under the terms of a Creative Commons license Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0). This license requires that you:
1. Attribute use of any materials to the LARCS project in a form approximating the following example:
2. Do not use material for any commercial purpose.
You can read more about this license at: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/.
Should you wish to use materials for any purpose not covered by our license, you must contact us (email@example.com) to discuss your intended uses(s) and seek our permission.
- The promoter is: Lincoln Agri-Robotics
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this giveaway.
- The giveaway is:
- The Promoter invites survey respondents to complete the Survey.
- To enter, entrants must be deemed to have completed the Survey and submitted at least six images.
- Survey participants meeting the conditions above will receive a voucher to Vine House Farms.
- By entering this giveaway, the entrant agrees to these terms and conditions.
Terms & Conditions
- The giveaway is open to all UK residents aged 16 and over.
- One entry will be accepted per person.
- Survey respondents who submit at least six images will receive a voucher. Closing date for entry will be 31/12/2020 or while prize supplies last. 100 vouchers are available.
- The prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, not redeemable for cash, and no alternatives will be provided. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with an alternative prize of similar value if the original prize offered is no longer available. Vouchers are subject to the suppliers’ terms and conditions and any complaints or queries relating to the use of the prize should be directed to the relevant supplier of the prize.
- Winners will be notified via email. A voucher code will be sent out within 10 working days to the name and email address provided.
- The promoter accepts no responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind, lost, delayed, or misdirected entries, or any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering any competition or accepting a prize.
- The promoter will not be held liable for any failure to comply with our obligations relating to the competition where the failure is caused by something outside our reasonable control (including but not limited to weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation, etc.)
- The giveaway and these Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and entrants to the giveaway submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.